Florida Public Charter Schools Grant Program
The Florida Public Charter Schools Grant Program is a competitive grant awarded to charter schools for planning, program design, and initial implementation of the charter school and for supporting the dissemination of successful practices and other information about charter schools.
The following competition is for the 2016-19 Charter Schools Program (CSP) grant. Applicants must fully read the Request for Proposals (RFP) prior to submitting a proposal. The full RFP can be found at http://fldoe.org/schools/school-choice/charter-schools/charter-school-program-grant/planning-implementation-grant.stml as well as the Resources Page in your Review Room (upper right corner of web page).
The due date for this Stage I Proposal is December 21, 2015 at 5:00pm Eastern Standard time. Applications will not be accepted after that time.
The Department will hold Technical Assistance Webinar/Conference Calls on:
November 17, 2015 at 10:00am, and
November 17, 2015 at 3:00pm.
Please see the RFP for details and instructions for registering.
To be eligible to receive this grant, an applicant must meet one of the following criteria:
- Submitted a charter school application to its Sponsor (district) in 2014 or 2015; or
- Submitted a charter school application to its Sponsor earlier than 2014 and has a fully executed charter contract to open in the 2016-17 school year; or
- Opened a charter school in the 2015-16 school year and has not previously received a CSP Planning, Program Design and Implementation project award.
Applicants must also meet one of the following criteria:
- Charter application has been approved by its Sponsor; or
- 2015 Charter application is pending; or
- 2015 Charter application has been denied and applicant has a pending appeal.
Only those charter schools that are approved by their Sponsor will be eligible to receive funds under this grant.