Florida Public Charter Schools Grant Program
The Florida Public Charter Schools Grant Program is a competitive grant awarded to charter schools for planning, program design, and initial implementation of the charter school and for supporting the dissemination of successful practices and other information about charter schools.
The following competition is for the 2015-18 Charter Schools Program (CSP) grant. Applicants must fully read the Request for Proposals (RFP) prior to submitting a proposal. The full RFP can be found at http://fldoe.org/schools/school-choice/charter-schools/charter-school-program-grant/planning-implementation-grant.stml as well as the Resources Page in your Review Room (upper right corner of web page).
The due date for this Stage I Proposal is January 23, 2015 at 5:00pm Eastern Time. Applications will not be accepted after that time.
The Department will hold Technical Assistance Webinar/Conference Calls on:
December 18, 2014 at 10:00am, and
December 18, 2014 at 3:00pm.
Please see the RFP for details and instructions for registering.
Charter schools that are currently serving students are not eligible to apply for this competition.
To be eligible to apply for this grant an applicant must meet one of the following criteria:
- Submitted a charter school application to its Sponsor (district) in 2013 or 2014; or
- Submitted a charter school application to its Sponsor earlier then 2013 and has a fully executed charter contract to open in the 2015-16 school year.
Applicants must also meet one of the following criteria:
- Charter application has been approved by its Sponsor; or
- 2014 Charter application is pending; or
- 2014 Charter application has been denied and applicant has a pending appeal
Only those charter schools that are approved by their Sponsor will be eligible to receive funds under this grant.